More questions to explore

 Looking at my last post I did not follow through on the journaling for 10 days straight and I'm not even mad at myself. The last 3 weeks have been so dynamic that it's a daily reprioritization.

What questions do I want to answer?  What problems do I feel drawn toward solving?

What is the connection between critical race theory, intersectionality and the communication discipline, particularly oral communication?  How can these frameworks and movements inform how one communicates? What role does communication play within these frameworks?


What type of development do I need to teach critical race theory at a community college. I'd like to apply it to the social sciences?  Who are the communication scholars that are using critical race methodology/ applying critical race theory to the study of communication, particularly as it relates to identity and how that shapes how one communicates and interprets the world?

Who are the individuals and communities that are organizing for racial justice that I can be a part of? 

What do I do with all that I'm learning?  How can this learning be used to advance the justice cause of my local church?  What does my local church need? Who are we and what are the needs that aren't being met? How do we get started? What is missing?  God, what are you asking us to do? What are you asking me to do?

Who am I really?

Lord, lead me to the texts that you want me to prioritize.

I had like 16 different thoughts. I just took a look at my Audible collection. As much as I want to finish Black Marxism,  I'm not there yet.  I am however, almost finished with Dog Whistle Politics, The Color Purple, and Marriage Be Hard.  All 3 of those books connect to where I am intellectually at the moment.  I'll explore later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies