Accepted

"Dear Gordon,

Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you a placement in the 2023 Cohort for AAPF's Summer Fellowship Program!"

This was sheer music to my ears.  After two e-mails in early May expressing thanks for applying and telling me they will reach out to candidates they choose to interview and after an e-mail a week ago expressing interest in interviewing me to a second interview, to bask in this news is beyond anything that I could imagine.

I honestly went from dragging my feet to apply to this, having doubts about my intellectual acumen, because I didn't believe I had a good enough or recent writing sample, to giving myself grace and celebrating the fact that I applied, to the fact that I got an interview. This is so refreshing to see that others see me as valuable and wanting to work with me.  I'm going to bask in the affirmation I feel to be a part of this.  I'm grateful to have put myself out there.  So here goes!

I told everyone I knew. I'm telling everyone I know to tell. I'm looking forward to how this unfolds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies