Before I die. . .

I got inspired to encourage my students today. One thing that I love about my job is that I can do what I want. I also love it when the ideas that I have actually work. My lesson, or better yet my theme for today's class was inspired by the a Ted Talk done by Candy Chang.



In summary the death of a family member encouraged her to turn a public space into a place of reflection. Since today was the last day of class before our final I wanted to encourage my students and get them to reflect on their greater purpose beyond being a student. On the board I wrote "Before I die I want to" and I let my students fill in the blank.  Here is what they said:



It's moments like this that make my role what it was really meant to be.

Comments

Kev said…
Glad you are still posting on your blog couso! Giving me inspiration to get back on mine in due time but as you know, I got my priorities straight ;-)

Good stuff!
Gordon M. Curry said…
Thanks man. Oh I know you have your priorities straight. Haha

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles