KONY 2012

I wouldn't know about KONY 2012 if my Youth Minister hadn't prayed about the things that are happening. Having not seen the video that went viral and reading this first has me a little disturbed. I'm even more disturbed after seeing this video about what Northern Ugandans said about seeing the video.



The more I learn, the more I'm disturbed about this Kony 2012 movement especially how they have a name of a dictator who caused so much turmoil as the name being pushed. C'mon they should have just gave the movement another name instead of the name that strikes horror in the hearts of the African people this campaign is supposedly set up to liberate. In later news the co-founder of Invisible Children, which has been spearheading this campaign, was arrested. I'm going to link you to the Huffington Post article, a Washington Post blog, an article in The Guardian, and in NBC San Diego so you can form your own opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies