Inflate My Ego

Fresh off the car break in, I came up with the bright idea of polling my students to see what things I can adjust. Sure I may come to class with some chucks and an H&M sweater or V-neck T-shirt, say some very sarcastic things, forget the very material I am presenting but I do care what my students/clients think about my services. I always wanted to get some instructor feedback but I never cared to actually think about what to ask. This time, well, I still didn't think of what to ask. I kind of came up with the questions on the spot but I did follow through with what I was thinking as I carried out this poll.

I asked if the students were satisfied with the course at this point. I asked if there was anything that I could do more or less of. Lastly, I asked for general feedback. Now if I judge my students based of the looks on their faces as I present material to them, then I'd say that I was in to possibly get ripped a new one. To which I would have just kindly said eff you, I'm the teacher, I do what I want. Trust me. I would have. I was pleasantly surprised that they like me. They really like me. So far I don't have any complaints except it appears that the students want more discussion. I wonder if it was the students that don't participate in the discussion I hold that want more discussion, or if it is the students that I can't get to shut up that said that.

It appears that so far they are satisfied with the way I lecture. Some want more lecture. To that I say, "Are you kidding me?" One person wants snack. To that I say," I'm not Uncle Ben or Aunt Jemimah. Get outta here." All of that to say I am good to go so far. It felt good. So let's see what my boss thinks after he observes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles