How It Went



(Photos used courtesy of the Revamp.com Team)

I really want to go to sleep right now, but if I don't do this now it'll take me another three weeks until I am focused to speak on this. Beyond Words Fashion and Art Show was an experience! I say that because as a model you are backstage the whole time waiting for the moment that you walk out. You don't really get to mingle because you have to be in place for whatever your team will need. Most of the time, or atleast in the 4 shows I've done, there has never been any food for the models.

Model Lesson # 65: Eat before you arrive.

The show went pretty well. I got to model for Andrew Nowell Menswear's 2011 collection, which I really wanted to do since I heard about his line. His collection is right up my alley. When it comes to modeling in shows, very few of the things I've worn have actually been things that I would wear on the regular. It was good to connect with a designer that I can speak positively about their collection.

The night was also cool because Righteous Ones Entertainment Agency icons Harley Morgan and Terrance Payton came out to the show. I joked with them before the show saying that since I knew they would be in the building I couldn't eff up. It was good to have them there and it was good to get encouragement from two people that I see as knowing their ish when it comes to the industry in DC. So if they like it then I definitely like it.

I was so ready to get out of there that I didn't even notice that Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis was in the building along with Kris Jenkins of the New York Jets.

Other than that, peep the Facebook fan page at Andrew Nowell Menswear Collection. Here's another article about the event. Since I'm feeling myself so much right now, below are a few pics of what I modeled. Holding that bag was pretty annoying and the runway was so thin that I had to avoid hitting the next person as they walked out. Shout out to Phil Kogan, Images by McCoy , Shutterbloom and the Revamp.com Team for the bangin' photos.








Here's a video of Andrew's previous collection along with an interview with the icon himself. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles