Crazy Weekend

It's going to be a crazy weekend, which is a very good thing considering how I am feeling right now. My Gwad, as much as I should be thankful that I have a job that pays something, I don't know how long I can stand the waste of brainpower or lack of brainpower needed for this job. Four hours a day feel so much longer and I come home so drained by the lack of efficiency the team is accustomed to.

So this weekend I've got DTS Saturday night and Righteous Ones Entertainment Acency's Aviation Runway Show at the College Park Aviation Museum. Wednesday was my last rehearsal for the DTS and it went pretty smoothly. My homie recorded a couple of takes and after hearing them I'm nervous because my vocals were not on point in a couple of areas. I can attribute it to the fact that I didn't have any monitors but even still, I've got two more days to get it together. The pressure is on. I wonder: what will happen if I win. I've never done a talent competition before. Well I did back in high school; however, I did not officially compete--I assisted two other acts and ended up walking away with 3rd place and helping another guy get 1st place. Memories! But yeah what will happen if I win. The studio time will be excellent and the $500 would be great since my bank account is on E. Overall, I'm trying to remember that this will be a great opportunity to network with other talented people right in my back yard. I hope I don't get any attitudes.



Sunday's runway show will be the second one I've done. This time I'm working with a modeling team that has been doing this for years so the level of professionalism is crucial. I am comfortable doing everything except walking in pairs and in a group. These bustas walk too dern fast for me and I end up on the wrong foot trying to correct it. Whatever they do don't make me walk with a partner. I want to help them look good, so if we can avoid that at all costs I think things will go great.

I caught a look at some of the designs and I must admit it's definitely not my style, but hey. . . all I have to do is what I'm told: stand there, walk here, turn here. I got mixed feelings about it all but that's with any performance. It'll pretty much be me stepping outside of myself to look, sound, and do my best. Right now I'm SMH but I'll use it as pressure to basically get out there and kill it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies