On A Roll

I'm on a roll with this modeling thing. Now that I have a photo shoot on Tuesday that I worked on my own to get, I've been pretty serious about finding other opportunities. It's namely craigslist that keeps me abreast lol. There is a model call in Adams Morgan tomorrow for a show taking place at the end of the month. I'm going to roll by and see what happens. If they like me then I'm in, if not it's onto the next one.

My motivation in all of this is to use what I have to legitimately make some money without having to cross or push back my boundaries in order to get it. Unemployment is no joke. I've gotten into a gripe with the unemployment office. I was supposed to receive my benefits August 30 and I have not gotten any check. I do have much to be appreciative about. I have a roof over my head courtesy of Albert and Irish Curry, which by no means has been easy. I am also fed, which is ironic because the very Bible I believe in says if a man doesn't work he shouldn't eat. I think that I've gotten some grace in this situation lol. My bank account has never been lower, but at the end of the day I am taken care of. Back to the unemployment situation: I call that office just about everyday to find out what the hold up is, and pretty much I'm still waiting on a screening interview. So if modeling will put money in my pocket, as long as I'm not doing anything that crosses my line we are in business.

This is an exciting journey. I never thought I'd be where I am doing what I'm doing some for the good and the rest as a learning experience. Last week was pretty promising on the job front. I had an interview with a pretty prestigious university in the area looking to bring me in as an Admissions Counselor. I also got some marketing-related job leads with a few government contractors. That made my day because all the other times I looked into these organizations I never found anything that fit. On the music business side, I finally heard back from a Performing Rights Organization (PRO) that I was trying to affiliate with instead of the one I'm signed to. Even though I have no track record with my current PRO, by virtue of the contract, I have to ride it out. Guess I have no choice but to work on reference tracks.

The birthday is coming up and what I want is studio time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles