No Subject

It really must be a cold day in Hell because I came to work mad early. Have you ever been in a place where you put 100% effort just to realize you get the same result as you did when you put out 0? Yeah, it's a sad phenomenon, but it happens. I've always been able to maintain my save the world, buck the system, social justice mentality, which I must say I have never lost. However, life has a way of bringing you back to reality to understand that at the end of the day some mad unfair and stupid stuff happens to individuals that hold the best intentions and strong ambitions for life.

I had a really good weekend. I went down to Blacksburg to visit my alma mater for Black Alumni Weekend. I graduated last May with my Masters, which I took on straight from undergrad. So after spending about 7 years in the area, I didn't think enough time went by for me to want to come back and visit. Also mind you, my current job is definitely not where I want to be and the purpose of alumni functions is to raise money. I wasn't a part of the fund raising. I was just an observer. So with that I did not think I had a place to really come back.

After some convincing from former classmates and my desperate need for a few days off at the center I traveled down to Blacksburg. My highlights for the weekend: making professional connections with more established alumni, getting together with friends, and just all out being lazy! It felt soooooooooooooo good.

I came to work this morning perky and refreshed, which has hardly happened since I've started. I even get a day off tommorrow. I'm headed down to Borders to do some random reading.

G.cue signing off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies