Bonita Applebum's

I'm so behind in the world. I am just now trying to figure out how to upload pics and vid from my phone to my computer. Right now, I am not having much success. I caught some good video of Q-Tip performing this past weekend at Summer Stage in Central Park. It was a totally free show that featured Chester French, Little Dragon, and Benji B. If you ask me who the other three are I don't have much to tell you. The show was live. I withstood the aroma of ganja in the atmosphere and the blazing heat to watch the former member of Tribe Called Quest pull out old and new hits to keep the crowd moving. You would have thought I was going crazy when Vivrant Thing and Bonita Applebum came on. It was even crazier to see the thousand person crowd jump up and down as one as we shouted "Here we go yo! Here we go yo! So what, so what, so what's the scenario?" I was geeking like crazy!



I remember the days I was afraid of hip hop. The days I used to listen to house music. I was never a sagg my pants, rocking the fitted kinda dude. Speaking of the man, I was standing about 20 feet in front of me rockin' to Q-Tip. Then some how he managed to get on stage and dance. WOMP WOMP. That's Diddy 4 u and I can do nothing but respect him.





Back to hip hop. I fell in love with it because it was popular. I fell deeper in love with it when I found artists who expressed their faith in Christ through it. I stopped caring because all I heard nothing new. Everything and every song seems to get dumber and dumper and less hard hitting than before. So right now old school, conscious, and holy hip hop is where I am.



As always I forget where I was going with this blog but check out the video from the concert!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles