Here I Am

I survived my first week as an employee and resident of New York City. I was homeless all last week and have settled into an apartment in the East Village close to Alphabet City. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all of the shops, bars, restaurants, and parks to visit in this area. I'm such an explorer, but for these next couple of weeks I'll be exploring on a budget. I got through last week surviving on the free lunch that the ad agency provided for attending seminars and pizza stands where I could get a slice for under $2. This is definitely going to be rough. As much as I want to work out and stay healthy, my diet is out the window until I can come to a place where I have a decent amount coming in.

I'm definitely not here for the money. Yeah I could have stayed in SWVA or Nova and found a decent job but when I got the call to come up here and work for the summer, I knew I had to see if I could do it. Today's Father's Day and I told my uncle that I had to come up here to see if I could do it. I had to see if I could survive. I had to see if I had the hustle in me to make it work. I also told my dad the same thing and he understands where I am and is mad proud. I get my work ethic from my pops.

So from VA to NYC, I'm here to share my adventure. I still have to go back the the Burg and move everything out of my apartment there. Anyone want to help?? Holla at me dr.gmcurry@gmail.com!! Try me.

I'm definitely digging where I am. I need to holla at some folks to come enjoy all the FREE concerts that are happening in NYC this summer. I'd love to have visitors. Mind you you'll be sleeping on the floor. I don't have dishes yet nor do I have groceries. How long can I go surviving off of pizza at $1 a slice, fruit stands, hot dog stands, and free lunches at the ad agency. I'm excited to where I'll be creatively at the end of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies