One of those times

This morning I turned in the last paper of my career as a Masters student. I don't know how I feel right now. I'm experiencing a mix of relief, anticipation, excitement, ease, and overall wonder for what is in my path for the next few months. A few days have really altered the course of my perspective on graduating. I got some pretty rough news about the passing of a close family member. Luckily through no strength on my own I pulled it together to finish my last paper. The only thing this changes, well not the only thing but a few of many is that I may not be able to hang with the grad students like I expected. No showing my tail this week, my family needs me and I them.

I'm collecting the money that was raised for the trip. I feel a bit anxious about leaving when there are so many things going on back home. I'm a very weird spot right now. This is probably the realest I've ever been on my blog but what else is a lounge if u can't do just that. Current events: I have watched the news in awhile. Pressing issues: well I just explained one. Life is life.

When all is said and done, with graduation here and my cap and gown still at the store, I am going to miss the community. I never thought I would be in this place and I'm mad proud of all the grad students that crawled through this program with me. PhD?? I've said many times before that it will be a minute. I'm about to take a journey and really see what I'm made of. Really see what I'm about outside of academe. I'm ready for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies