In the Mirror

Here I am again. It's always going to be some time until I sit down and do a meaningful blog. I may not even really finish my thought on this one but here is the deal: I'm in Atlanta. I'm out here with a few friends meeting up with some more friends going to celebrate New Years in a really fun way. As I look back on this year, as much as I complain, as much as I've probably to some played the angry black man in the VT Comm Department, as much as life has been unfair at times, I'm so freakin' blessed. God brought me to a point this year that I had to shut my mouth because of all of the opportunities that have come my way this year. Here I am angry because I don't want to write a paper. Man please!! I went from knowing no one in the PR field to making crazy connections in one night, to professors that have really gunned for me, and people in high positions that speak highly of me, and I'm upset because of the times I sit at home by myself. NEGRO PLEASE!! God definitely woke me up!

Man there are too many haters in the world that hate on me for me to despise myself and think that I won't be fine. There are too many people that are on my level that speak life into me that I don't have to worry aboutthose that choose to put me as the center of their joke. I'm going to be ok. I'm going to be OK!

For those that know me I have the characteristics of a Libra. I don't enjoy conflict. I'm very merciful. I have no choice but to do everything in my power to help others even when they don't deserve it. (WELL I pick my battles in that area). I will do what I have to do to keep the harmony. If I said exactly what I was thinking man I'd be the world's worst enemy. I think I'll try it out for a week. But what it really comes down to is for all the people like me, it's ok to look out for your star player!! It's ok to think you are that nigga. Man I'm that nigga. Even if I'm lying to myself, we all deserve for a few moments in life to walk around like everybody wants to be us.

So that's what I'm here to say. Be greatful!! And do you. If it's just for a day tell yourself that you are THAT NIGGA! Yeah I said it. If you have any questions or concern please hit me up dr.gmcurry@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies