Day 6

 I'm getting my dates mixed up and merged.  

What am I seeking God for in this fast?

I'm seeking all around breakthrough for my life, my family, my community and the world.  I'm seeking breakthrough in my marriage and in my parenting. That I would have God's perspective of my wife and son. That selfishness would be held at bay and that I'd choose joy in how I relate to them.  That I'd find satisfaction and get out of this "well I don't want to do that, I want to be by myself."  That I'd take hold of that purpose as a husband and father.

I seek breakthrough over this house and all things related to it.  That God you'd write a story where the builders/developers etc deal with us justly and with favor.  That the You'd come through for us in this closing process like no other. Help me to see this house the way You do. Help me to hold on to the truth that this is the house you found for us. I see that whenever I travel to Barnes' school or my job. This is where you placed us. Move in the developers to deal with us justly. To complete the repairs in a timely manner to our satisfaction. Finish the work and not take advantage of us. That all attempts to take advantage of us would be blocked or would not go well for them.  That the true price of this home would be reflected at the end and that this process will work for our good at the closing and throughout the time we are called to be here.  I declare that you will do something each month in our finances that will meet the need that salaries increase that we get unexpected increase that you bring us to places where our needs will get me and that mentally I do not shy away from that for nothing is too hard. I pray that I be confident that no amount is too big for our God. Give me wisdom, schrewdness, compassion, and accuracy.

I pray for the Justice Collaborative, circle. . . we need a name to describe who we are and what we do. What do we do. Right now we are members across two churches that pray for justice related items. 

My head just exploded. I found out that a book I used my first few years of teaching was developed by Teen Empowerment Center based in Boston.  My mind is blown because I'm intrigued by their work. It's also blown because before I ever thought about Boston I found this book at a Busboys and Poets in DC, it's just crazy the connections there that was taking place before I even knew it.  Scrolling around on the website I'm excited about the possibilities. Lord lead me and release me. I will release myself.  Now I want to read a chapter of Lorgia's book Community As Rebellion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies