Thoughts on the Convention

I, like so many non engaged Americans need to WAKE UP.  Another election season is upon us and it's time to be an informed voter and exercise the right that so many of those before us have fought for. I'm not going to get on my soap box concerning the election because to be honest, until the conventions I've been laboring in my own world of education and grading and not paying a lick of attention to anything that has been taking place.  To be honest, facebook and twitter have kept me up to date more than me reading and searching for information myself.

Did any of you hear about the CNN cameraperson, who happened to be a black woman, that got peanuts thrown at her during the Republic National Convention?  What's worst is that CNN didn't make too many comments on it and almost tried to sweep it under the rug. Maybe not that exact phrasing, but a new station that has been so liberal in its views on civil rights and inclusion spoke very little when it came to the well being of their own employee. That's some bull to me but whatever. There are always 3 sides to a story. Your side, their side, and the truth. Read about it.

Did anyone hear Clint Eastwood's speech?  We had quite a discussion in class about this.



I also used the Niki Minaj endoresement of Mitt Romney as a class discussion on credibility. I searched further into this and found out that she merely used his name for rhyme scheme purposes. Still good discussion material.

Lastly, I as well as miliions of Americans was on tweeting away as President Obama accepted his nomination for President and delivered an astounding oration.



I couldn't help but think that he made a reference to the Notorious B.I.G when he said "I'm not only a candidate, I'm the President." Here I am singing, "I'm not only a client, I'm the playa president."  POW

I know I am months late in the discussion on the election, but I think I have jumped into the conversation at the greatest time.  Now let's see how this debate goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles