Whole

I wrote this back in 2004 when for 6 months I just got a surge of creativity that came out in poetry format. I've performed this once. Enjoy!

I do a lot of thinking. I do a lot of contemplating  and I find that I'm constantly waiting
For my breakthrough to break through
As my patience is wearing and tearing in my mind I say my break is through
I wish I could take all of my decisions and place them in a hat
And the one I choose is the one I stick to
And review as the will of God. It's challenging to be still for God
And chill for God, it's ill my God so let's be real my God
My rhyme scheme is extreme and when I have no words you know just what I mean
What I need you grow me to maturity, obscurity, as I thoroughly search for your knowledge and understanding, commanding me to excellence the devils get greater as my paths become straighter.
You are no longer a stranger cuz I'm up close and intimate and intimate detailed and intricate with you it's you can't afford to miss you far away you never stray
You never leave or lead astray the children that you call and bring through the fire, inspire, I'm wired to go higher desiring more than what I have and more than what I've acquired
You require me to delight in thee and fight for thee but my strength is no where in line with thee or so it seems
What I mean is that there's so much that's not clear to me
I'm shouting in a crowd and no one is hearing me
You affirmed that you bring grace with humility
But so often at times buried deep in my mind I'm blind but I think you aint feelin' me
As I search for greater clarity my waiting is impairing me building up false hopes frustrated visions in time causing me to forget my mission as I seek provision and permission to receive more than my initial state
I hate standing 'cause the truth I need seems to come too late
And frustrate my goals my my my is all I ever known
I wanna be close and be just like you
Accepting your power and might in my life I don't seek to fight you
Give me the right shoes to walk in spite of my issues
These tissues where I've cried tears of pain I'll never refraid or abstain from pouring my heart like the wine that stained his carpet. Mark this
Mark my words 'cause I can fight to get out but I'm still in this as a Jesus Christ witness, sacrifice on the altar I'll stay obedient though when you call I'm not always expedient. Open the eyes of my heart to fill with light.
Give me the strength to stand with courage and might
You're right I'm as sharp arrow in your quiver
As you deliver your words in my mouth say yea though I walk through the fire you never burned me
I set my face as a stone praying for grace and mercy
You created me to bring you glory and for the joy set before thee
You bore greater shame than the pain I feel inside
Tears I can't hide breaking the chains once a victim to my pride
I confide in you because you hold the truth which I seek this meekness is not weakness but power under control
Deep down in my soul. Lord break the mold. Take this light remove the bowl. Take me in your arms and once again make me whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles