There's More

One of the things that I love about my lounge is that it's like a journal. Instead of carrying around a book, I'm glad that I can just type away.  About a year ago, I wrote a poem out of the blue. Since then I haven't written a poem. I decided to let you all take a look. Here goes:

Who am I? I mean  today. Right now. I am a 26 year old man.
Educator. Mentor,I guess to some-- maybe ha ha. Brother of two sisters. Brother to more people than I probably realize. Son to two married parents. Like a son to families that I also probably don't realize. A supporter and fan to a ridiculous amount of talented people. Business partner to a team in which I wonder what the hell do I contribute.
I'm a model. I'm a model? I'm a Master
 I mean I have a Masters and the job market makes me wonder why the hell did I get a Masters.
I've dipped and dabbled in this and that. I'm a man that has worn so many hats.
I'm a singer. 
I'm a song where the verses don't rhyme.
I'm a man of few words don't waste my time. I'm outgoing. I'm shy. I'm the perfect guy. 
I'm a gentleman. I'm a pusher over and I wonder why. 
I'm a fighter. I'm hungry. Dare you put ya hands on me. I'm nice for etiquette's sake but it can get ugly.
I love my family. I hate people. I'm good on friends and then my front becomes so see through. I'm selfish.
Not a punk but I can be immature. I won't settle because I deserve the best and you owe me so much more.
I have authority and I know it. I'm confident but at times I don't show it. I'm prideful.
Niggero please get out of my ear. I hear voices I've just learned to silence this year.
I'm emotional. I get emotional but I'm learned.
I took the first step.
Acknowledged the hurt step. It hurts less but I know the hurts best
Better than no feeling at all.
I'm tall on paper
I want it all in my dreams
I deserve it all I say with my mouth
Still my mind can't conceive
I'm a believer
I believe in the Lord worth believing
I'm mean then I'm nice
I'm nice to cover up the mean in real life
I'm safe but I'm dangerous
I'm hella spontaneous
I'm no cookie cutter
I'm boring if you're not used to men that don't fit into categories. I'm a minister
I'm a saint.
I accomplish everything you say I can't
I'm in the background but I shine in the front line
I'm a novelty not a straight line
I'm an anthology not a book
I'm an album collection not a hook
I'm a maze not a bush
My mind is intertwined like designs on a T-shirt.
I don't fit in your space cause I'm outta space
I'm everything you never thought could be wrapped in milk chocolate mohogany LOL
Let me school ya. Don't let the dreads and specs fool ya. I'll curse you and bless you in the same phrase. So well you feel that I just ruled you. I'm not a poet or a muse though I've suffered from misuse. Self inflicted unrestricted shit I wish it was truly scripted. I'm black and I'm proud but my mentors were white. Once lived in darkness becoming less afraid of the light.
I'm a mouthpiece. I have wings unsure of exactly all that means.
I'm a loser. I'm a champ
I'm a motivator her's my stamp of approval I'm approved
I've been black listed. I've been used.
I've been addicted to the wrong thing and this is where it brought me: humble
I've come too understand that I am just a man but I am a man, who has what it takes.
Knows what it takes to get it done. Powerful enough to have it won.
To win. What I'm expecting
What I deserve because who I am
The good, the bad, the better, and best. I am and will always deserve to have
It's mine
I'm a pervert
I'm a freak, a social deviant underneath.
I'm a nerd and a geek.
Goof ball makes me unique and there is more.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles