Weekend At The Vineyard

Aint No Mountain High Enough, Word Up, Hypnotize, Only You, Waterfalls, Creep, Aiesha, Hey Mr. DJ, Killing Me Softly, Baby Got Back, All About The Benjamins, One More Chance, mixed in with other tunes from the 90's describe my weekend clowning at Martha's Vineyard. I got back to Boston early this morning and I'm overtaken by the feeling you get when everything is going your way.  I'm reminded of a song by Musiq Soulchild off his third album "When you never want that moment to end." Right now I feel that way.

So about my the trip, I traveled with the same group that I went with to Montreal last year. I guess you can say it was our one year anniversary of our original summer vacation, so I knew it was going to be a fun trip.  I flew into Boston  last Wednesday and woke up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to catch the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.  MV was only a place that I heard of and never a place where I thought I'd visit. I was cool to travel to the island and see the fog clear up as we entered the harbor.  We got off the boat and headed to the cottage, which was a two story wooden house in Tisdale.  Once we got in, we toasted up with mimosas and then headed to Oaks Bluff for breakfast at Nora Jean's. Breakfast was banging.  Oaks Bluff ended up being our go to spot for most of the trip. This was like the main part of town where all the shops, restaurants, and a pretty popular beach was. It was about a 25 minute drive from the cottage to Oaks Bluff, so we spent most of our time there.

After breakfast we  headed back to the cottage and played "What's Your's Like." One of the girls that came with us kept trying to coerce me into running 3 miles. Instead I took a nap as did everyone else in the house so she was forced to wait to go running. We eventually took a jog and I'm glad that it was cut short because of where we needed to be later that evening.  We did dinner at Nancy's which is right along the pier in Oaks Bluff. I had lobster for the second time and this time it was much better.  Since dinner was pretty late we didn't go out that night.

The next morning I decided to bless my friends with my cooking skills and make breakfast. I got no complaints. The rest of the day we kicked it around town, hit the beach, did some sight seeing, dinner, and then hit the Reggae club to close things out.
]'


I really want to tell you all everything that happened but I'll just leave you with pictures when I get around to it.  Right now I've got a nice Memorial Day cook out prepared for me since this is my last night in Boston.
















Comments

Charmie said…
Couple of things. Linda Jean's. Who is Nora? Lol. That girl who was pushing for running 3 miles, good for her!! Sweet account of your trip. Sounds like it was boatloads of fun. Pun intended :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies