The Deuces

WBL Inc. is back at it again. What you might ask? Nothing, I just thought that was a good way to introduce this post. I'm going out on a limb this time around and deciding to give back in a way that is a little extra for me. I work with students all the time, so you'd think I'd be tired of being a mentor-type figure. Not exactly. I decided to work with a couple of youth with Words, Beats, & Life as a college materials coach.

I meet with my mentees, Ron aka Kid Havoc and Naasir Ali once a week and help them accomplish a goal. Both of them are aspiring b-boys, which I know nothing about except the fact that I dig the culture. I'm in this thang trying to figure out what I'm doing, but the guys have some great personalities. We had our second official meeting/ third meeting today and we recorded some introduction videos for their artistic portfolio. I must say that it really brought my spirit up to interact with them. Honestly! Me meeting with them is as much for me as it is for them. I'm looking forward to the things I'll learn chilling with these guys. You'll hear more about my adventures with Kid Havoc and Naasir!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles