Believe

I'm very convinced that I'm approaching a season or at least entering into a time in my life where I can either be catapulted or held back from reaching success all based upon my ability to believe. I know that may sound elementary. Everyone that has ever accomplished something great had to believe in it first. For me I'm continuing to see messages that reinforce the fact that I have to believe and obsessively focus on what I want. I'm finding that as a man of faith it's not good enough just to have an ungrounded idea of what I want. I have to believe that I'll get it and fight to stay focused on what I'm believeing for even if there is no evidence, support, or guarantee. Even if I am not certain I have to be certain.

I'm working on a project with a few fellow faculty that deals with understanding the brain on how this understanding can benefit certain professionals, specifically those that work with youth that suffer from trauma. The idea is that we understand and improve ourselves in order to do the same for others. I'm not much on new age thinking but I'm finding it very striking how much of what I'm learning about the brain deals with the very things that the bible commends.

Jesus told his disciples "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea'; and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:23-25. This even goes back to "Think and Grow Rich" where Napoleon Hill talks about focusing on a thought, coming up with a plan, believing you have it, not fearing and doubting, telling yourself you have it, and envisioning yourself with it until your reality comes true.

This project is strengthening and reinforcing an area of my faith and personal development that I have not been as strong in: the discipline of my mind. I'm excited to be here and excited to move forward with challenging myself to believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies