Countdown to 27 Begins

This is going to be a good week. Today kicks off my birthday week. I'll be turning the big 27 on Wednesday of this week and celebrating big on Friday. The funny thing is is that I don't ever remember celebrating my birthday big. This is the first year that I'm throwing myself a party--a party that has turned to a joint party inadvertently, but a party nonetheless. This is the first time that I'm actually taking a solid week to enjoy myself and I'm going to make it good.

To be honest, I'm not really feeling my best, but I'll muster up enough life in myself to make it all worth while. Today, after a photo shoot with Ministry Mindset, the team headed to Friday's to celebrate one of our group members' birthdays. I have nothing but love for all the October birthdays. For those that celebrate their birthday in October I make a serious effort to reach out. I guess it's my duty as a Libra.

To be honest I have nothing to talk about. This is going to be a pretty good week because I said so.

So in turning 27 what words what things do I want to reflect on? Right now the word bouncing back in my head is the past. When it comes to the past, I have regrets that are too numerous to count, disappointments, and a hell of a lot of mistakes. I also have moments that I wish would never end. Lessons that taught me what I had deep in me. There were opportunities that only came by the favor of God. There were people for seasons, reasons, and lifetimes. People that probably have no clue just how much they impacted me. Dang I know what I want to get done this week.

I'm going to make a list of 27 people that have made a difference in my life and say thank you. First 27 people that come to mind. I can't include everyone which will be hard. So here goes.

I leave you with a video of me introducing my birthday week and Danyl getting embarrassed at Friday's for her birthday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles