People In My Life

I go from one extreme to the other when it comes to the people in my life and those I hold dear. As a professing extrovert, I get most of my energy from being around people. As I grow older, the more I cherish just a few close personal relationships and care less about people that are just around.

I say so often that I'm good on friends, but it's moments where I can be fully me, laugh, joke, and express myself the way I feel that I really do cherish those people that can take part in that. Truth be told, I put on so much for my profession, for church, as an artist, as a model, and just as an individual who strives to be successful. No one ever told me that things had to be that way, it's just a thing that I do to protect myself and keep the wrong people from taking advantage of my patience. It's something I do, as a person, to feel people out to determine if they have my best interests at heart. All of this to say, I've enjoyed myself a lot lately.

I mentioned my trip to Montreal in earlier blogs. No I did not keep a v-blog but here are some priceless memories from the trip: the long ride from Boston, eating lobster for the first time, clubbing on "crap I forget the French sounding name" street, the Montreal Jazz Festival, and hanging with 3 lovely ladies and one of my closest friends. It was a good trip.

Another friend of mine moved to Australia to go to school. I'm so proud of that cat. He's a close friend and brother in the Lord that has helped me through so much. We got a chance to pray before he bounced and man, afterward I left I remembered how I first met this cat. I never thought that would be a friendship that would stick around, but God knows.

Today, I ventured to Annapolis, MD because the gospel group I sing with, JudahLYFE was an act for a festival being held on the dock. It was hot as balls. The whole time we laughed, we sweated, we joked, praised God, and had a good time. Sitting in Applebee's and goofing off with the team was priceless. It's funny how we all seem to notice the same things and trip off the similar things. 13 different personalities, especially 13 people that did not know each other a year and a half ago. All of us together for one purpose. It's been good getting to know everyone and work toward a successful project that touches the heart of God and reaches out to change people.

I do feel bad. I missed a late housewarming party from a buddy I knew from gradschool, I also didn't make it into DC to celebrate the bday of a designer I became cool with and chill with another college buddy. I had too much going on and I really do enjoy spending time with good people. Whether this post makes sense or not I just want to let all those who visit the lounge to know that I appreciate the people in my life. Today I'm very thankful to know the people I know and to take part, even if it is a small part, in the lives of others.

Shout out to Mr. & Mrs. Hunt and Mr. & Mrs. Pflugradt. I'm glad I could witness your moments. Shout out to the Goof Troop, Praverb the Wyse, DJ 2 Much, DJ 3-2-1, Oscah, Samski, and JudahLYFE.

Comments

Charmie said…
So I peeped your blog from your Facebook page, and thought I'd check it out! Very nice; a clear, witty voice. I'm a fan!
Gordon M. Curry said…
Welcome to the lounge Charmie!

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles