Magic in the Musiq

This will probably be one of the funnest blogs I've done in a long time. I've been living the life of a Professor, not that it's boring but I have something else to talk about other than work. Last night I went to see my favorite artist perform at Rams Head Live. Watch the videos and you'll know who it is.



I tested out taking videos on my new phone. I've got to work something out when it comes to the sound quality because this piece picks up everything. From Aijuswannaseing, Juslisten, Soulstar, Luvanmusiq, to Onmyradio I've been pleased by his consistency. His lyrical style is honest, straightforward, and unique. There is not a producer featured on his projects that don't complement what the Philadelphia native brings to the table. I like singing his songs because they aren't too far out of my vocal range but after seeing him live I was actually surprised. He really showed his vocal range that night. I knew the dude had a high falsetto but this dude does runs like Kim Burrell. I'd say they provided a great icing on the cake.

He mostly performed songs off his 6th studio project Magicinthemusiq, or some combination of the words---I haven't looked it up. My check hits my account tomorrow so I'll definitely be coping that album from Amazon.com.

My favorite part of a show is actually the beginning. His band and background singers came out wearing all white--I really want to say "all white everything"--and kicked things off with Just Friends(Sunny). This was his first single, which many don't know that it was on the Nutty Professor II soundtrack. From that point on Musiq has been riding the momentum. He mixed that up with Ridiculous, which to me I thought was a hidden treasure on Luvanmusiq. From there he kept things rolling with Half Crazy, If U Leave mixed in with Stevie Wonder's Ribbon in the Sky, a bunch of his new songs, So Beautiful, Girl Next Door, and some more new songs.

I'm going to leave you all with what I think was the signature performance of the night. It wouldn't be Musiq Soulchild if he didn't perfom the ever classic ballad Love. Enjoy.



Pictures from the show can me found on Facebook: Gordon M. Curry. Don't forget to follow me @jusflashgrdn. Make life count family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies