That's Professor Curry To You

I'm not a professor exactly or even close but I did accept an offer to be an Adjunct Communication Faculty at Northern VA Community College. I got a call from the Assistant Dean of the department and by the end of the conversation I got an offer to start teaching in January. This officially ends my perpetual streak of taking on mindless/purposeless jobs just to get by. Praise God it wasn't that much of a wait. I mean yes, I'll be waiting for that paycheck but this is a good start. It's a really good start and I'm excited because one of my goals for 2011 was to take advantage of opportunities to teach.

I filled out all my paper work today and picked up a copy of the textbook that I'll be using. I'll bask in the glory of the accomplishment for a few days before I consider how I only have 3 weeks to create a preliminary course schedule. One thing I'll take into account is how much I hate it when instructors lecture the whole hour and change. I'm so freakin' ADD so if lectures get on my nerves I can assure you that I will not be doing such for my own course.

I almost want to panic because someone is trusting me to do this. This is crazy but somebody's got to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles