Direct Deposit



With the holidays right aroudn the corner, I got a part-time job at a retail store. I applied Thursday and they called me with a schedule on Friday to let me know that they will take me on as a temporary hire. So I'm sitting in training and we are filling out all the important forms so that I can get paid. We come to the Direct Deposit form and our trainer holds up the form and raves about how we should get direct deposit. He lets us know that direct deposit is so much better than receiving a check in our hands. Then he further proceeds to tell us a story. He tells us that each Friday a truck comes to the store with our checks. If the truck breaks down or something happens all of those without direct deposit end up getting their checks late. The trainer goes on to remind us about last year's blizzard and how all the people that did utilize direct deposit had to wait weeks for their pay checks. Needless to say, he made his point about direct deposit.

Well at the end of his rant, a light bulb goes off in his head and he stops mid sentence saying "Wait a minute, you all are temporary hires. You don't qualify for direct deposit."

So does this mean that in the event my check did not arrive as scheduled, I can postpone my work until the exchange has been made and the resume the work that was scheduled?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles