That New New

Not sure where I was going with the title but there was something crazy that my boy Stephen F. said during a meeting with the U.N.I team. Where else can we discuss promotions strategy, review designs for the upcoming line of shirts and other apparel, while being served chicken and shrimp as we watch random YouTube clips of Antoine Dodson. Smh. . .

As a result of the meeting this past weekend it looks like I'll be spending most of tomorrow sending announcements to radio stations, following up with local ministries, and doing the same for small businesses. It's keeping my PR skills fresh.

Tonight I had rehearsal for my friend's wedding. No, not the wedding rehearsal. She has me and anonther friend of our's singing in her wedding, which I could have sworn was like 3 or 4 weeks away. Instead this mug is next Saturday. It's not like I have to do anything special for it except look sharp, move with swag, walk in at the right moment, and eat free food all weekend. This is going to be the . . . . 12th wedding I've been in since 2005 when all my college buddies started getting hitched. Folks make fun of me about it but I know the drill. So yeah, my original point, where is all the time going? I seem to ask myself that everyday.

After rehearsal, I got the sudden urge to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I don't know where it came from, but I remember when I did read it, it had a very strong message. After watching a few trailers on YouTube and stumbling across a summary on Wikipedia, I remembered what it was about. It was about a man who built an empire just to be with a woman he couldn't be with previously because of his status. The man built his empire through illegal means and finally got to be with her briefly, but through a chaotic amount of drama the man ends up dead.

So unsure of where I even got the urge to look up the story. I will tell you this, now I want to dress like a rich man in NYC during the 20's. I'm a jazz head so what do u know.

Till we speak again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles