Shout Outs

There always comes a time in my blog when I celebrete the many creative people in my circle by mentioning some of the projects they have going on. These individuals inspire me to work even harder in my personal endeavors and so I must needs to tell their business to any and everybody else that can possibly support them.

First on my list is a producer in the DMV that goes by the name of Marcus "DaFingaz" Manderson who is the founder of an entertainment enterprise named Top Notch Productionz. Big up to my dude for winning a remix competition on Cypher Lounge Radio. It's not too late to listen to and vote for his latest Xzibit remix. Follow this link and submit your e-mail address to boost him up to 1st place.


The next person on my list is an author, poet, mother, wife, mentor, activist, etc. who I have had the opportunity to work with in collaboration with U.N.I Clothing Co. She goes by the name Profound Thought and you can hear her thoughts in her personal journal . Also peep her on facebook under Poetric Streetz. I'm so proud of this woman because she has managed to write a book, which got rave reviews from the legendary Nikki Giovanni, help her husband build a business, and hold it down at home. She's full of insightful, bold, and relatable ideas and has a passion for educating the public. She's doing big things.

I also have to take my hat off to someone that keeps me I can always depend on for knowledge of how the world really works along with an update of real hip hop that I other wise wouldn't peep. Government contractor by day DJ LookUp by night or whenever he's not working. I have to show some love because he got a chance to DJ at DC's own Lounge of Three off U Street. I spoke with him the other day and he's got some other spots he's working to get plugged into. I'll keep you posted but in the mean time check out his blog at JusKev to download his first mix and peep his commentary on life.

That's my family for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles