R-E-S-P-E-C-T


So on the relationship tip I was thinking about a few things and I endedup recounting my faith. I find it very interesting that the bible tells a man to love his wife and for a wife to respect her husband. To me it gets at the fact that respect is principle. So I found this poem courtesy of itsnotok.org:

Respect is...

Respect is...listening with out interrupting

Respect is...taking your partner's feelings into consideration

Respect is...keeping an open mind

Respect is...agreeing to disagree

Respect is...trying to understand your partner's viewpoint

Respect is...loving yourself

Respect is...trust and honesty

Respect is...giving each other space

Respect is...nonviolence

Respect is...direct communication

Respect is...building a person up instead of tearing them down

Respect is...friendship

Respect is…not pressuring the other person


I don't think the poem was meant to encompass detail about what respect entails but this is a good start. Any thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles