Teaching Law Pt II

The first session is over! I get a day and a half off then I'm back at it for a final time. My week has consisted of field trips to courthouses, museums, and federal buildings, afternoon plenary sessions, mock trial and Supreme Court simulations, and a bunch of busy work. My gawd, I'm beat!

Highlights from the week include: having a group of 23 students that were focused and got along great; not having to break up a fight; not having a scholar get lost; and an overall good time with the staff. I really enjoyed myself man. I had so many of the youth ask me if I was a lawyer. I find it interesting that now I'm considering it. No, I'm not!! The only reason I'm interested is because I have an inquiring mind about many things, which is one thing that I've learned about myself.

Since I'm on the subject, here is what I learned about myself: I really like teaching so I should consider it as a career option and stop trying to run from it because I can't be disciplined. I can hold authority in a classroom. I still have the hustle in me. I need to work on paying attention to details and being clear on what is taking place. I'm a scholar at heart.

Now I have a day and half of catching up on sleep to look forward to.

Comments

Alex said…
Well done, brother. That sounds like a great gig for you. I'm with you on teaching. It's not something I'd think I'd be drawn to, but it keeps calling.
LiFe UnSpoken said…
I saw this and thought of you. Not sure if it's something up your alley. But check it out,

http://rescuescg.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles