Everybody is Interested In Me

Everybody is interested in what is going on with me. At least I'd like to think so. Last weekend my good friend and old room mate got married. It was a very beautiful wedding. I got to go snowboarding for the first time at his bachelor party. I'm loosing my point here. I'll come back to that. Probably not.

So, it is official. Well it has been official for the past two months. I just chose not to talk about it. I'm partnering with a college friend to help launch a clothing line. The process has been a growing experience. Two months in and things are turning up a notch as we work toward some grassroots fundraising. This month has got to be the month that I've had so much going on. The crazy thing is that I'm not even working full-time in my field yet.

I pretty much gave up on anything agency related. Not because I couldn't do it, but because . . . well actually no doors were opening, even if the door opened it wouldn't pay enough, and even if it did I'd be devoting my whole life for that season working like a dirty dog. I don't have a problem doing that but I do have problem with not being happy. As much as I loved NYC and as much as I got used to the hype of the agency I worked for, if that was a glimpse of what I'd experience full time I'd opt out.

So the name of the game is claiming back my time and using what I have to be more entreprenurial--did I spell that wrong? The clothing line has actually been in the works for me since 2006. It's completely his ideas, I'm just on the team helping to implement different aspects of the business. It's a lot of writing, a lot of staying up on trends, a lot of reading to add to the flavor of the brand. I'm very excited to see where things go.

I'll talk more about it, but I'll definitely need your support and ideas to get exposure for the brand as we get more product.

Comments

LiFe UnSpoken said…
Market it in churches. Wear em..and fashion shows like mt. gilead see if they put U.N.I in there.
Gordon M. Curry said…
We definitely got that piece. Only challenge is finding those ministries that want to build a relationship. Everyone seems to be about doing their own and not resourcing as a whole, knaw mean.

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles