Accepted

A paper that I contributed to was accepted to be presented at the National Communication Association's annual conference with the prospect of being published. The topic was on the Black Church as a model for public relations practice. Here's the catch, I built the foundation for the paper but decided to hand over the topic to be modified by my former advisor. He was really excited about the paper I wrote while in graduate school and suggested that I take the topic further and submit it for publishing. I was gung ho about it at first but within months after graduating I realized that I had zero desire to even put the energy into continuing the paper to fit the feedback from the review committee. I went ahead and let my former advisor take the reigns and do to it what he wants. I have since focused on other writing projects. As much as I am committed to being a life long learner, knowing myself and how much I do not miss graduate school, I thought it would be best to invest time in other projects instead of putting this one on the back burner. Yet and still, a paper that I set the foundation for could possibly be published. Big up to Damion Waymer for your encouragement and drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles