Kids Do The Darndest Things Pt. 3

That they do! Why is it that all you have to do is throw a little kid in something and it automatically becomes more entertaining than before. I mean for real, think about how many videos are on YouTube of people singing or dancing. Put a kid in those same videos and the appeal automatically doubles. Think I'm joking, check the views and the comments.

In working at this youth center with school age children, I've come to the conclusion that there needs to be some form of government-regulated test, module, or something as a way to barr all those parents that have no business raising children from doing so. Honestly!! Say what you want. A good majority of these kids would be so much better if their moma or daddy weren't the moma or daddy. Now a days kids don't have daddy's, which is really sad but for most of those men it's probably a good thing that they aren't around because they'd be the ones barred if there was ever federal regulation on child bearing. It's sad, but that's not what I want to talk about.

Since I took an interest in working with youth my first year of college, I have not failed to be surrounded by teenagers at any point in my life thereafter. What is odd is that I'm also taking an interest in younger kids. School age children are fun, especially the boys. You can toss them in the air, watch them land on the ground, dodgeball the crap out of them, flip them upside down, scare them, and then get on their level and help them learn a thing or two. It's great but I admit that I often go to work wondering if that day will be the day that I slap a kid. Honestly, some of them are the most cheatingest---I know that's not a word but it will be one today---lyingest--yet another nonword--and down-right disrescpectful young rascals I've ever met. I've had to get on many of their cases because they think they can talk to me any kind of way. A counselor told a little girl, who is 8 years old, that she could not do something. The little girl began to question her choice repeatedly in a way that was annoying and disrespectful.

Something rose up in me and I interrupted the girl. I told her that when an adult says something she is to listen and not to question. I messed up because I asked if she does that to her mom--who is 23 or 25. She said yes. I said "We're not your moma, so please know that when you are here you will not act in that manner towards us." Say what you want. To the nice parents that want their kids to be their friend, I probably sound like a jerk. To all the real parents that are willing to risk it by whipping that child's tail in order to get the best out of them, make some noise cuz we are on the same level.

I still love them and I like the fact that they are learning as I'm learning. On a ligher note, here are some videos of a few kids that I think are pretty cool. My cousin's son who is ....I think he's 3 and my Pastor's grandson who is 6. I would get some vid of the kids at the youth center but that's probably not a good look professionally. Enjoy!



Comments

State of Mine said…
If that's you talking in the background of these vids you have a really sexy voice...
State of Mine said…
You can read me bedtime stories anytime!!! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles