Secrets

I'm doing research so that I can buy a new car while I listen to music. I had the urge to rock to Halo which then lead me to wanna hear One Republic's first album, Dreaming Out Loud, the album with Apologize that Timbaland Remixed to put on his album Shock Value. Here's the connection between Beyonce and One Republic: Ryan Teder, the band's front man wrote Halo. I'm a musician so I pay attention to these kinds of things. The same guy also worked with Kelly Clarkson on her single entitled Already Gone, which gained controversy because of it's melodic similarities with Halo. Both are very great songs but that's not what I want to talk about.

So from listening to Halo, to listening to tracks off One Republic's first album, I got the urge to check out their latest album Waking Up. These guys have a serious gift for creating music and titles that reference a greater significance in life. I love it! So I stumble upon the track Secrets and I'm geeking because this is really where I am in life right now.

Coming into this year I settled within myself that I'm allergic to b.s. Do you ever feel this way? No, honestly? This song comes from a heart where the writer is just tired of life as usual and sets out to go against the grain. If this song aint the truth, BOY! Take a listen and cop the new album. If you haven't heard the first one check out Say and find the album. These dudes are fire, but then again, I'm a musician and a careful listener of song lyrics, so stuff like this interests me. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles