Another Day but Not Exactly

I could be so much more productive than I am. I have to be at work by 6 out by 9 back in by 1 or 2:30, depending on training, then out by 530. I ambitiously imagined using my time between shifts to read or work out. Suprisingly I have done neither. I merely sleep until my next shift. As much as I have tried to stay up, I am knocked out within an hour after my shift.

Speaking of working out I have made it through 90X's Ab Ripper X and Core Workouts. I'm struggling but I get through it. This is one of those things where I won't be a champion on the first try. I'm not even really trying to stick to the 90 day program. I'm in no rush. I just want an alternative and something to fall back from making the excuse that I can't go to the gym.

The biggest thing in the news that has made it into my agenda is the earthquake in Haiti. For two days I ignored it out of selfishness but today I thought of all the people I met that are of Haitian descent. Even as I write, I'm reminded of my ambition to learn Creole because I believe at some point I may be in a place that is majority Haitian. Wow, now I'm tripping. I reached out to a few friends to see how things were. A few of them have not been able to find their families and now I'm feeling the weight of the tragedy. I'm usually a person that has the right things to say. I shrink back from comforting people in greif and loss because what is there to say. I've learned the best thing to do is be there and let people know that you are thinking of them and praying for them.

From The Bahamas Crusade to the summer in New York, I made connections with so many people connected to the Haitian community and it really sucks to know people are hurting. If you're reading this and you pray to the God of Jesus now would be a good time to do so. Allah, no thank you. Buddah, we're good. It is what it is.

I know I had a kid do a funny thing today but all I can recall is how much these young boys cry over sillyness. I'm talking about how they can force tears when they loose in a game of pool. When I say cry its not just crying, its throwing a fit to where these mugs are shaking hysterically. They've got to be kidding. I have a kid that acts up and when you ask him why he did something all of a sudden he forgets how to speak. I love how kids choose the teachers they think they can get over on. Hmmm some adults do that with co-workers. All I know is I wish a kid would. Hope you get a laugh off that. If I have to tell another little boy to stop playing with purses and pom poms. Sheeesh!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles