Christmas 2009

I was determined to do absolutely nothing all day but I got the urge to blog since I've never blogged on Christmas day since having this. I finished wrapping all my presents at 3AM Christmas morning, mostly because I left the house to celebrate with some friends for a couple of hours. A night filled with old friends, strawberry and peach daquaries, spades, and just being a straight up clown.

One thing about Christmas that I find annoying but I'd complain if people stop all together are the Merry Christmas text messages. I get over 30 of them throughout the day. What is crazy to me are the numbers that come up that I don't recognize. Like I said, they are annoying but if people did not do it, I'd be a little ticked. Another thing, I got txt messages and saw Facebook status saying Merry Christmas Eve. Huh? Who says that? I'm sorry, but I didn't get the e-mail on that one.

As I get older, Christmas is more about being with good people than it is about gifts. Gifts are nice but not the kicker. I overcame my own haterism and am now bumping the Chris Brown Graffiti album. He may be our generation's Ike Turner but the redbone has a creative swag that is undeniable. The album boast of themes that defintely show his growth as a man. Alicia Keys' The Element of Freedom album is also not too bad. I think I'll pick up the Ryan Leslie album and catch up on Raphael Saadiq's album. My lil' sis blessed me with a ticket to see The Roots at Club 930 in DC next Tuesday. I'll post pics of that after the show.

My sister got me a copy of the P90X work out so I'll definitely be on that for the 2010. Speaking of working out, in my attempt to do nothing I got an urge to do 40 minutes of cardio. I got inspired because I thought about how much I'd be eating and thinking of the family gut that I have the propensity to inherit. That's one generational curse that won't make it down my line. Let's get it.

At dinner, my mother pulled out a special ornament. A few years ago, my family--father, mother, two younger sisters and myself--started a tradition of writing down a few things we want to see happen in the upcoming year and reviewing it the following Christmas to see if we lived out what we hoped for. I reached my goals for 2008 but reviewing the 2009 goals I was humbled because I only met a few. Actually, I completely forgot what I set out to accomplish. For that reason, I wrote out my goals so I'd see them.

Happy holidays fam!

Comments

Gordon M. Curry said…
Low and behold. The gut I didn't want to inherit has made its way to me. I'm determined to reverse this.

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies