No other place quite like it

Before I start my daily job search and before I devour this vegetable platter because it's lunch time, even before I write the long over due thank you cards to my mentor and his staff for letting me use their office space to conduct my job hunt I must blog. After about three weeks away from the city, I have returned for an interview--an informational interview to be more specific. I just got off the bus from D.C. and luckily it was right around the corner from where the office was.

It feels good to be back in New York, even if it is for a brief amount of time. As the bus drove down Fashion Ave (7th Ave) toward Penn Station, I couldn't help but say to myself "I'm home!" New York has the ability to make every other city look like a town. New York's public transporation system makes every other cities' look slower, clearner, and less crowded--but I can't help but love it because New York's is more reliable. Shopping in New York makes every other place seem outdated. Malls anywhere else just don't do it for me anymore. While shoe shopping in a mall in South Carolina, I became upset the Chuck Taylors they had in stock lacked the variety of the ones I saw in New York. I was so upset that I didn't care to buy anything else at that mall. I miss New York, but I have a plan A -D.

Wish me luck on the interview though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles