Optimism

I'm very optimistic right now. I've been unemployed for about 3 weeks but I have strickingly regained my sense of hustle back. I'm not complaining --to be honest I'm actually in a better position than before.

Last week I got a chance to connect with some very senior people in the advertising and PR field. No they haven't dropped my name to get a management position, but they have been very helpful as far as directing me to agencies and careers that may be a good fit. It is amazing how willing senior level execs in this industry are to help a young brother like myself. I am lucky that they were even down to earth enough for me to feel comfortable around them.

Imagine this, a CEO of his third corporation sitting down with you and telling you that he's having lunch with another CEO of the largest PR firm and that he is going to be intentional about finding something for you. Or how about hitting it off with someone that works for a major communications holding company and him encouraging you that you are in a better place than others who work their lives gain certain opportunities. All I can say is "Pastor Forbes, the confession has power. Great people are ready to help me at the right time and in the right way."

With that said my options have been extended. I have a better sense of the type of agencies that are out there and I've more clear on what I would like out of my first job.

So my final thought is this: Young professionals, when someone seeks to assist you or give you a helping hand, take them up on it. Stay connected. Especially to my brothers corporate culture is a doggy dog world but cleave and pull from those senior people that have faith in you.

My final final reflection is this: Even though I'm getting closer to starting a career in where I've imagined, in no way am I settling or expecting this job to be everything I want. I'm wise enough to know that it will not be. With that said, young people, don't let complacency settle in. There are always bigger challenges to tackle on the road to your destiny. I'm still hyped up about it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles