All Falls Down

So, I left New York! I thought I was walking in the unexpected when I came to the city with the hopes that my hustler's drive would land me an immediate opportunity. The opportunity came but it wasn't for me. I think I was a little too honest about myself in the interview. Either way, the lease ran up, no money was coming in and I decided to leave town to visit my ailing grandfather, of which passed away while I was on my way. My intent in blogging is not to vent about all of that though--I've got other ways to handle that one. Suprisingly, I'm not frustrated about my circumstance. I'm a bit anxious, but that nervousness will pass away as I get time to deeply evaluate what I want in this next phase of life. Truth be told, I was confident something would pop up for me even before I got the opportunity to work in New York.

This summer, I learned more than I can write in one blogpost. My former media writing professor encouraged me to blog about it and I will as soon as I can name it.

For the next week, I'm going to catch up with family that I haven't seen and spend time to do me. I'm going to appreciate it now because the industry I'm going into does all it can to suck you dry. Call it preparation, call it rest, call it me deciding to be lazy, either way I'm going to enjoy the time that I have and not complain. Economy schonomy I'm gonna make things work for me. For now it's good bye New York. We'll be reunited sonner than you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles