More to My Adventure

I'm catching up on my favorite show--The Office. I took a stroll today and realized how close my apartment is to a lot of parks. I'm near Union Square and Washington Square, which is NYU territory. I'm really digging this. Today I thought that it would be funny to run into someone from Tech on the subway. That didn't happen but I did run into someone from school while I was walking out.

If I haven't said it yet, I'm definitely loving where I am. Mind you I wish I knew more people and was a little bit more settled but that's ok. I'm at a good place. It's been a week and I have no complaints with the agency. Oh yeah, I'm not working full time. This whole internship things is really a gamble because I'm not sure exactly how things will pan out for me in about a month.
To be honest, I'm not worried. I'm not concerned. I have the same attitude I had about finding a job after college. I'm not concerned because I know something is going to work out for me. Call it faith. It's definitely faith and I'm confident that I deserve to be in the best place.

For some reason, after earning a Masters I have this unusual drive to hit the pavement and work my way up. I have yet to boast to the other interns that I have a Masters. I have yet to even bring it up to my supervisor. It's one of those things where I know what I can do but I play it off to people like I don't until they really see that I can. When all along I know what I could do I just want to show people rather than tell them. So its a show don't tell philosophy that I'm working under.

This job is pretty cool. There is always food around the office. Kinda like my old job in gradschool: there was always food around. Take the CAEE, which I used to work for at Tech, and multiply it by 1000 and you have the agency! Its awesome. Especially for someone who has no groceries for the purposes of saving money. I got to sit in on an exclusive performance by an up and coming artist during lunch hour. One of our account teams is sponsoring the Sneaker Pimps tour. I'm mad that I plan on moving out of my apartment in VA. I'm debating on how it would work if I stuck around for that. Now that I think about it, I could very well catch the show in Philly, or better yet Boston.

Skeet I'll talk more later!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies