Into The Monster

So I'm about to take my first step into conquering this city. I'm not in the city but while I wait for my final interview, I need to look for a place to live. My plan is to find a summer sublease then by the end of July find a more permanent spot. This way I can save money my first couple of months living in the city. Time is ticking. Knowing that this in NYC, I expect prices to be high for next to nothing type space. Still people are making it work. This is my journey to see if I can make it work.

I visited one place while I was there last week but I was not impressed. I got off the phone with one offer out in the East Village and I don't like to be rushed into making a decision. So my search continues. Like I said, there are people making it work so why can't I.

In other news there really is no other news. Two teams I don't really care for have made it to the Finals and I hate being on the fence about what team I want to see win. I'll leave it at that. One of the producers that I want to meet is now following me on twitter and even answered my message. I'm not one to be geeked or star struck but it is cool to connect with celebrities through social networking. I remember watching the Conan O'Brian show (I possibly spelled that wrong but oh well) and they poked fun at the twitter craze. It seems that every person, every brand, and everything has latched onto twitter like leaches without any concept of strategy. O.K. so Ashton Kutcher and P.Diddy have over 10, 000 followers. I'm not one to follow nonsense.

Brands on the other hand, let's have a purpose. I think it is clever how some companies post job listings and things that people would be interested in following. Social networking is also useful for research purposes. The brand can find use the conversation as ways to improve the product before they launch it. They can solicit ideas from the public. All of this to say twitter has its perks but let's get back to strategy, objectives, and purpose when we employ these communication tools.

In other news, I'm going to bed and I'll finish packing later. I don't think I'm going to take the spot in the East Village. I'll keep it moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies