You Make It Real

I'm booking a hotel in NYC for a trip at the end of May, while listening to James Morrison "You Make It Real" on serious repeat. Right now Orlando is spanking Boston in the 3rd quarter. I've got dinner on the stove and here I am. I just got a sudden rush to blog. I can talk about how I haven't been consistent on this nor with Twitter, but honestly my focus has been on . . . a lot.

I stepped out of my office for a few minutes on Thursday to allow my mind to breath while I worked on one of the last academic papers I may write for awhile. It's bitter sweet. I'm happy to be graduating but I have been on the go so much that when I thought about how I really am leaving the Virginia Tech community. I've been here for 7 years and it is coming to a close. I really can't believe it. My state of amazement didn't last long because I had to refocus my mind to finish my PR paper, a paper that I got an extension on and no one else knew about.

My point is--well I'm not making a point. I'm just reflecting and thought that I'd write about it.
I took the James Morrison song off repeat. It was getting hella annoying. Not really, I just don't want to hear it again. So I'm leaving and as of now I do not have a full time offer of employment and I'm honestly, sincerely, genuinely OK with that.

I told everyone that I'm going to work as a youth mentor until I can find something in the DC area, which is odd because I never would have guessed that I would want to work there. Now things could change, I could get an offer in New York or Atlanta, but they are just default locations for now. I've been taking the advice of my old media writing instructor, as well as others, to head in that direction where the market is more insulated with all the government jobs.

I'm being drawn to public affairs type positions. I'm definitely not the politics buff, but since this past election I'm finding that my interest in the community needs to extend beyond just what is happening locally. I learned how the university system worked, now I've got to take on an even larger one. I'm rambling in my reflection but I just figured I'd run off at the mouth for a bit.

Here are some more pics from Oscah's concert:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies