Past Midnight

It texted my friend that is finishing her MBA at Harvard Business School and she informed me of her blog. Then I thought about how I have not blogged since Oscah became the headlining act for Radford University's Spring Concert. To his credit he was featured in WUVT's Radio-a-thon, which was a great prep for the concert in about two weeks.

I just came from Valley Towing, my car was towed while I was hanging out with some co-workers at the local spot. Now that's one more headache to get my credit card balance down. I'm not worried. I'm really not worried.

I'm not sure if I told you all about my visit to NYC the week before Easter. Three of my closest friends traveled up for my friend's birthday --a female friend that I've known since sophomore year. It is always good to have good people in your life and that has been a common theme for me this past year. We made it out to the Nuyorican Cafe & Poet's Society. We did some shopping in Soho and visited Time Square. We took her to the Empire State Building and found a Popeye's Chicken!! While I was there I met with one of the board members from TLF. I was expecting a meeting where I'd just learn about what he does. Although I'm still interested in that he took the time to listen to a few of my goals and suggest possible agencies I should look into. Next thing I know he sent out letters to them and now here I am about to schedule a few phone interviews with people that I would have never gained access to without the board member's help. Once again, it is good to have good people around.

Even though I've gotten rejected from about three internship and training programs, one being cut and the other two not interested, other doors are opening. The right one will open for me-- seeing as how I'm being given ridiculous favor. It feel really good.

Other than that I have 4 supporters toward my mission with The Bahamas Crusade. I'm a little over 1/3 of my $1500 to raise and I'm feeling really good right now. I'm still approaching others to support this project.

Beyond that I really feel good about how my graduate school venture is coming to a close. We will talk soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles