I passed my comps!!

I forgot to mention that I passed my comprehensive exams!! With much prayer and support from others I got through it and I peformed. I was confident but you know how you got into something and never know exactly what is going to happen when you come out.

I proved that I knew my stuff. My only discouragement was that my answers were not long enough or complete enough. I was given 4 questions each one an hour each. I had all my sources, but I packed so much into my answers that just to type out my responses took about 45 minutes alone. I was told that my responses should have been 5 - 8 pages long. Each of them was 4 pages max. So, I felt discouraged.

I am proud that one of my committee members added a piece to a question on material I was unfamiliar with and was not previously exposed to. Even still, I worked the answers out. I saw my advisor the week before I got an official response and he told me as far as he was concerned I passed. This meant a lot because even though he is younger than most in our department, he works hard and pulls the most out of me even though it is a challenge. To hear him say he was satisfied with my answers, I knew that I was good.

So yes everyone, I passed my comprehensive exams. Now all I have to do is stay focused for these next few weeks until I walk across the stage to recieve a Masters.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations, brother! That's great. I can't wait to join you in completion soon.
LiFe UnSpoken said…
Proud of you sire. I KNOW you really worked hard these past two years and I'm proud of you for ENDURING the process. Can't wait to see you take your walk and grab that paper that BELONGS to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles