Economy shmonomy

I've been MIA from the blog scene for quite some time, so I have to return and give the people what they want.

This week is pretty exciting. Oscah has his debut performance at Radford University. I'm excited. I've been learning more about media relations and how to approach reporters. I'm getting some insight into what it is like to work with artists, which has its ups and downs. To be honest, I'm being pulled in so many directions right now with finishing graduate school and looking onward to ward my career I have not been able to give his performances the attention that I have given if I was full time. As an aspiring PR account supervisor, I can't help but wonder how similar what I'm doing for him may be to doing client work. I'm holding my breath hoping that it is not this rough. I really wish I could have sat down with him and been more strategic about the moves he wanted to make and the PR programs that could support those efforts. We've been able to establish relationships with VT's radio station. I have a few people from the Roanoke Times, our major paper, interested in coming out to the show. A couple independent news sources are also set to come. I'm excited about that. Now let's get the room filled. Pictures, video, and music to come soon.

I came on here to talk about something else. Yes, I remember. So, graduation is right around the corner and in an ideal situation, or what is expected, I should have a job now. Well I don't, and at the same time I don't apologize or feel bad for not pursuing. More like its pursuing me!! This story is so out of the ordinary, but a well trusted source has written letters on my behalf and sent them to his colleagues, many of which are at agencies that I would love to work with if it is a right fit. Before I move on to the rest of that story, I must say that I am very concerned about the right fit. Maybe I'm naive but I'm not willing to take just anything because of the economy. Something is out there for me and it'll find me. Economy shmonomy people are still making money and those who put themselves out there to be known by others eventually get their resumes moved through the system. Ask me about it.

After I get back from The Bahamas Crusade I'm going to spend my summer getting paid as a youth mentor. I figured, I hang out with teenagers because I work with a youth group so why not do it as a job for awhile until I get into the professional field I desire. If I could have my way I would be at Arnold. I like the personality of the business there. We'll see what is in store for me. Graduation is right around the corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles