Cut off from civilization

I'm going through one of those periods where I have to cut myself off from a lot so that I can prepare for the biggest exam I've ever taken. What do you do when you are in a profession where you have to be creative and you can't come up with any ideas? Any suggestions. I think in the past week I've been satisfied with myself because I have said NO and been unapologetic for it. What do you do when everyone and everything wants to be your priority. I'm all for helping but dang, people pick the worst times to call in me at times. I really wonder how this is going to work once I start working. I am well aware of the demand and pressure that communication professionals face on the day to day. It excites me because I like to work on different things at once. I don't think I can function just doing one task without having other things to revert to.

With that said, a lot of things and people have pulled on me lately and I just had to say NO. Not the polite no but the I'm not answering your phone calls because I know what you are trying to convince me to do NO. The type of no you have to say it with an attitude bcause I know you will try to pull me in. It's sad it has to be that way but I think every practitioner has had to do that . I wonder how they handle it. I would love to believe that every practitioner says YES to a client. I would love to believe that every practitioner has enough room on their schedule to do everything that is asked of them. How do they deal with that. I would really like to know. Please comment!!

I really just wanted to drop in and say it will be awhile until I meaningfully blog but I got lost in my thoughts. Speaking of thoughts: is anyone else tired of hearing about Chris Brown & Rhianna. I used to be such a popular culture buff, until I realized how commercial and coonerous hip hop music is. Do people run out of things to talk about that they have to involve themselves in the lives of celebrities, who are celebrities just because they can dance like Michael Jackson. WHY? I'm talking about CNN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles