uneasiness

This is probably a stressful week. I was driving home from church thinking about everything and I got a head ache. Signs of stress. So what is going on. I have an application due by Friday for Burson Marsteller. I met a practitioner at the DC office that has been so helpful. She linked me with her colleague at the Chicago office so we'll see how that goes. Did I mention, I havent started. Honestly after doing Ruder Finn and Weber's application, I feel as though I'm good.

What else is going on. The big thing is an event that one organization puts on. It's really formal and this year I'm excited because we are doing it bigger than before. The bigger the event, the bigger the headache. I can pull off events. I've been doing it for about 4 years now. Programming is my thing but adjusting to work styles that aren't as collaborative are a bit frustrating. I've been dealing with that a bit. I think this season has taught me how to work with people I may not particularly be best buds with.

I've been spoiled with all my ministry experience and background working with people that I knew and had deeper connections with beyong work. I have a tendency to think everyone I work with is supposed to be my friend. Now I'm definitely more reserved in the work place and I have to understand the boundaries. This is different for me but I'm getting used to it.

So I'm a bit on edge about that event. What else is going on. . . I have a paper in my PR theory class. Let's say this was the worst week to schedule that. Its our Black Alumni reunion. Not that means anything at VT but yeah there are quite a few events going on that I don't want to miss. Actually after the formal event there really is only one thing left. Kirk Franklin will be in Burruss Auditorium. I'll tell u bout it later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies