To me, the hardest things to write about are the things that are closest to me. Why is it so hard for me to write about myself, my goals, my ambitions. Maybe it is this sense of vulnerability. I tend to view my life in shades of grey, where I have option A-Z so that no matter what happens I have a back up. I reason that if I write about my ambitions and they do not completely work out then I must have made a mistake about myself. I'm learning that life is full of obstacles that I have to be flexible.

The point of this blog post is that I need to step away from these writing tests to think clearly. I'm completing applications for Ogilvy, Weber, and Ruder Finn. One asked me to identify a good communicator. I had an idea but decided to scratch that since I have a conflicting personal evaluation of that individual. So now, I've changed my idea and here I am.

So what makes a person a good communicator. I'm thinking about a mix of things on that question. I should know this because this is what I dedicate my life to. A good communicator knows his or her audience. Of course there is a process for learning about your audience but a good communicator listens!! Not only do they listen they seek understanding of the audiences' needs. A good communicator focuses on the person they are speaking to.

Man, I should really know this but I'm drawing such a blank. I'm going to go back and think about this a bit and get back to you all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies