Boom Shada . . . I'm a celebrity

All I hear in the back ground is boom shada boom shada. I'm hanging out in Deet's Place, a cafe I haven't visited since sometime last spring. I almost forgot how intimate it really is here. I'm here studying and listening to an acapella group perform. They are alright.

I'm a celebrity. I woke up Monday morning to a text message saying that I was on the VT home page. I knew exactly what took place. About a month ago, I gave a quote about a mentoring program I was a part of. Next thing I know I get called for a photo shoot. One month later I'm on the home page. This is kind of crazy. I mean all the messages about my face on the home page. I can't complain. I just don't want it to go to my head, which it never does. I can't wait to see what people say after two weeks when they get tired of seeing it. I'm not mad though.

So this past weekend was pretty nice I must say. The Ebony Affair was a success, minus the food and minor technical difficulties. One thing I hate is when the sound people mess with the mics when people are speaking into them. I also don't like it when people hit the mic to make sure it is on. Oh well. The event was nice. I won the Graduate Student of the Year award. It was shocking and it was a bit suspect because I was the one that presented it. Imagine, presenting an award to yourself. Altogether I believe people enjoyed themselves. We were able to find all we needed and stay in budget.

The next day was the Kirk Franklin concert [Wow this group is sining Sex Bomb uh oh nice key change but I digress]. The concert was nice! I took a picture with Kirk Franklin. One thing that was crazy was that one of his singers, Ashley Guilbert, announced that she was leaving the group to pursue other opportunities in ministry. This was the first time the rest of the band heard it.


Other than that, I need to start researching some of these PR firms. It's crazy because I don't know what I'm looking for. I want to know more but there is only so much interaction i can get with a website. I prefer meetin people there. We'll see how it goes. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies