Why Public Relations

I'm having trouble. If someone asks me why I want to do something I take a step back and internalize it for awhile. Right now I'm working on internship applications and the first question that was asked was why am I interested in public relations.

Can you believe, I have been studying this field for over 5 years and now I am having trouble articulating what should come so natural. Trust, I struggled with this for a bit because I know my purpose extends beyond PR. Still so much of my purpose is in PR. Why? Because it is stretching me and all the skill I'm gaining, I can use to benefit others in the grander scheme of life.

So one reason I know I'd like to go into PR and no other area of business is the variety. I will loose my mind if I am doing the same thing for too long. Knowing that I have a variety of tasks to do that are diverse in nature keeps me on my toes but allows me to feel accomplished when I complete it. It is a work style thing. I will end up gaining so many different skills.

I'm in the middle of a thought so i'm writing in a blog and writing on paper. See how split my mind is. Oh well world this is the thought process of Gordon M. Curry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

The Death of Nick Charles

This One's For The Ladies