Final Week/ My Thoughts

Let's talk about work. I've been here for a week and the work I've done has ranged from press releases to brainstorming meetings to client meetings to events. I could have worked the media tent for Junkanoo Summer Festival but I opted to go to Andros Island instead. I really don't like the fact that my stint in the Bahamas is only two weeks. I hope I get more out of this opportunity considering the short amount of time I'm being rotated through the major offices.

In other news, I've learned that the communication infrastructure in the Bahamas is not as up to date as what you may find in America. In talking with Clarence, I find out that you get a lot of stations and papers claiming to be number 1 or the most listened to. They Bahamas really lacks a measurement system to really rate the viewership of programs and media. I'm not sure if it is a political thing or what. I found a blog about the broadcasting landscape of the Bahamas. I don't know what to make of it since there is so much I do not know about the government structure and the way things are in the Bahamas.

Sounds like a fun project. Honestly, I have not given much thought to the project I have to complete for this internship. Since I still have to do the 25 page paper, I'm wondering if I should just pull the plug on the project and keep things moving. Options, I guess I could do the project in association with PRSSA while I work. We'll see. God give me some ideas PLEASE!!!

Right now what I'm thinking is that I should do what I can to get through and handle the project on another basis . I'm not trying to be lazy but my ideas may just because may be too much. Not that I can't do it. We'll see. In the mean time I'll leave you with some footage of the Regatta festival.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Functioning Society

This One's For The Ladies

The Death of Nick Charles